But no more. My old phone is beginning to wear out. The handgrips are decomposing, the paint is coming off, and it has developed a habit of failing during incoming calls. I can hear myself, but not the caller. This happened three times in a row with calls from the CEO of my company.
ayasdollz suggested a Nokia 6822, but that doesn't quite fill the bill for me. Ideally, I'd get a phone that:
- works with my car kit (Nokia CK-7W)
- has an antenna jack or coupler to work with my amplifier and external antenna
- has Bluetooth
- will operate with my computer as a modem
- will synch with my address book
- is extremely durable
- supports Near Field Communication
- has a full keyboard for IM
I don't ask for much, do I? The frontrunners were a Sidekick LX (loses on durability, external antenna support, NFC, and would need a kludge for in-car charging) and a Nokia 6131 NFC (loses on durability and full keyboard). I decided to opt for the compact 6131 NFC.
( Collapse )